Validation and Quality Assurance
Product development, process development and validation are very closely tied at schlaeger. Even our handmade prototypes need to pass a series of tests that check hundreds of features. We can perform many of the validations in-house; we utilize our external service providers’ testing capacity for all other tests.
Product and process validation
All schlaeger products and processes must pass this hurdle before the development is considered complete:
- 3D measurement technology (dimensional, optical, tactile, scanning, visualization) in a climate-controlled environment
- Intense communication with customers: joint measurements and accelerated release procedures
- Metallographic and mechanical analyses with documentation (internal/external)
- Internal validations for individual construction stages and processes (especially electrical connections)
- X-ray testing equipment; leak detection equipment (air); cleanliness analyses (external)
- Diagnosis of parts from customer validations
- Cooperation with institutes and universities, e.g. for thermal shock and salt chamber tests, IR analyses
We perform additional product validation tests depending on the function of a component or assembly.
Such tests include:
- Salt spray tests or brine tests for parts that must be media-tight
- Temperature cycling tests
- Joint validation (resistance welding, laser welding)
- Mechanical load tests, e.g. contacts
- Geometric validations to ensure stability throughout the process and beyond
The prototypes must also pass these tests. We use the results from prototype validation to determine which dimensions and values require particular attention in series production testing. We provide customers with reports during initial sampling detailing which validations were performed internally.
The test coverage of our systems, which are regularly tested themselves, is very high. Different tests are integrated in the production line depending on the component. Such tests include camera inspections, force-displacement measurements, CT and cleanliness analyses. Visual inspection by trained personnel is also possible.
Quality assurance in series production
Our upstream processes ensure stable series production. But we are also lean and powerful at the manufacturing level: Our mini-factory concept guarantees a high level of quality assurance at the product and process level. Every person in the chain is a problem solver, taking direct, standardized paths for immediate error analysis and handling. We integrate each and every employee in this challenge – this promotes both responsibility and motivation.